Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Blackhawk

On Saturday I took my second helicopter ride since entering the service. After "office hours" for individuals who were seeking grief counseling, I decided to approach a pilot and ask if I could ride along during his team's training flight. It was a glorious two hour ride hovering over forests, streams and small towns. The helicopter ride is joyful in a way that airplanes are not capable; one can remain stationary and gain a complete view of the world below rather than wizz by without taking in as many details. I used the time to think about some of the losses of life we've seen involving helicopters during this war. Earlier in the day, one of our senior pilots told me how he escaped Vietnam by flying out on helicopter.

When I returned, the afternoon was spent catching up with recent widows, checking in with soldiers with marital issues, and worship. One sergeant Major asked me to share prayer with him. I was touched when I found out that why he wanted to see me was to offer prayer for me. He did so eloquently. I had the sense that he was not only praying for me, but for others that he has seen off during the years and did not have the fortune to see their return.

I have been here just a year, but feel truly connected to this unit. I always look forward to drill because I know I am going to have authentic conversations. Many have entrusted me with personal information and the state of their souls. I find this satisfying and humbling. During our morning briefing, the Colonel gave a fine compliment to me and reminded his officers of the importance of having a good chaplain. I will miss being here, but I will return a stronger soldier, a better person, and a more seasoned minister.

images
Originally uploaded by greek64.

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

alprazolam mg gabapentin xanax drug interactions - xanax reviews

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

generic lorazepam typical ativan dosage - rx 773 lorazepam 1mg

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

order xanax no prescription xanax 2 mg 3 times a day - xanax drug screen results

4:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ativan no prescription ativan high liver enzymes - ativan children

5:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

valium generic valium side effects dizziness - buy generic valium online no prescription

6:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

zolpidemĀ ambien ambien online canada no prescription - ambien online no prescription overnight

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

buying xanax online no prescription xanax job drug test - do jobs drug test for xanax

2:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

zolpidem no prescription order ambien online mastercard - lethal dosage zolpidem tartrate

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy diazepam diazepam 10mg nq - valium diazepam dosage

6:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy lorazepam ativan dosage per weight - buy ativan with mastercard

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

diazepam 10 mg valium drug test time - buy diazepam belfast

2:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

generic lorazepam ativan online mastercard - ativan side effects sleep

2:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy soma carisoprodol 350 mg erowid - somanabolic muscle maximizer australia

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ambien order ambien cr vs ambien - ambien drug rehab

1:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy soma soma online ticketing - order soma

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy valium online valium online no prescription uk - valium side effects sleep

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

soma medication soma drug fibromyalgia - jogo de soma online

10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cheap ambien buy generic ambien online no prescription - how to buy ambien no prescription

7:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

order valium online valium drug study - buy valium online c.o.d

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home